Understanding the law, Legal requirements of control and the related acts and regulations
One day approx 6 hours, indoor training
- understand the reasons for control
- biology of the pest — breeding, feeding, behavioural patterns, and use this information as an aid to better control.
- identify control methods — traps, gassing. Etc and select and use the appropriate system for the best results.
- safely and effectively handle-gassing agents at all times in a manner laid down in the Product Safety Data Sheet.
- be aware of COSHH implications when handling these products
- practise the relevant skills
- Reasons for control
- Biology. breeding, feeding etc
- Methods of control — gassing, trapping etc
- Safety, security and first aid
- Practical demonstrations and class practise of control techniques.
The Course Programme:
- Personal Safety and Contamination, Prevention and First Aid
- Environment and Wildlife
- The Product Label
- The Pesticide Container, Storage and Transportation
- Application Equipment, Excess Pesticide and Container Disposal
- Record Keeping
- Product Use-Preparation
- Product Use- Target Species, Reasons for Control and Non Target Species
- Product Use-Application
- Product Use- Cleaning, Storage and Records