“The Application of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Control”
WWW.TALUNEX.CO.UK offers you training for the safe use of aluminium phosphide.
The NEW training course WE NOW OFFER covers the breadth of information required to prepare trainees for City & Guilds Award
The certificate is a LEVEL 2 Award in the:
The Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide For Vertebrate Pest Control (QCF)
This award consists of two units.
Unit 1. Foundation Unit:
- Understand the Principles of the Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide
Unit 2. Practical:
- Carry out the Practises of the Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Pest Control
Please note: we deliver training only. We do not award you with a City and Guilds training certificate. We will produce if requested an attendance record. This record is not a certificate.
The requirements for qualification under the Plant Protection Products (Sustainable Use) Regulations 2012 are summarised as follows:-
- By 26th November 2013, an accredited training and certification system must be in place.
- Certificates awarded by non accredited bodied before 26th November 2013 can be accepted but only until 26th November 2015.
- On and after 26th November 2015, everyone must have an accredited certificate in order to sell and use metal phosphide products. This is the ultimate deadline by which time all professional users and suppliers must have a specified, recognised certificate.
CRD (Chemical Regulation Directorate) have now recognised two qualifications for users of metallic phosphides for the control of rabbits, rats and moles within their burrows, these are:-
- City & Guilds -Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for Vertebrate Control
- RSPH ( Royal Society for Public Health) Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Aluminium Phosphide for the Management of Vertebrate Pests. http://www.rsph.org.uk/en/about-us/latest-news/press-releases/press-release1.cfm/pid/A3D35363-B203-49C7-AA79142D842B5A74
The level and detail of training we deliver will give candidates all the information they need to pass their assessment in the two units. Once we have delivered the training we will assist you to contact an assessor in your area.
By clicking here – you will be able to download the City & Guilds Assessment Schedule. This document outlines the sections and subjects an assessor will cover with you.
Training courses can be arranged for individual Farmers or Horticultural Staff, Drainage Board, River Authority works (particularly in “high water” areas), Grounds men, Green keepers, professional mole controllers, local authority and public utility personnel, e.g. parks and garden staff and sewage works who will carry out the work of Rabbit, Mole or Rat control.
Training courses are normally run at our premises DL7 9PG (CLICK HERE FOR A MAP) Training courses at base consist of Coffee/ Tea on arrival, lunch and refreshments.
If you can’t come to us we are able to come to you providing there is a minimum of 8 people to train.
A full training resources pack is provided.
Operators USING Aluminium Phosphide will require certification by 26th November 2015 to City & Guilds standards.
Once you have been trained you will have to be assessed by a separate City & Guilds assessor.
You need to contact your local City and Guild Assessment centre to book this separately to your training.
There will be an additional cost for your assessment, and this has to be paid to the City & Guilds assessor.
The fee paid to HFM Ltd for training does not include your assessment cost.
This assessment will be on a separate day.