The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaced the requirements of the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 in May 2018. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes rules on giving privacy information to data subjects in Articles 12, 13 and 14. These are more detailed and specific than in the DPA and place an emphasis on making privacy notices understandable and accessible.
This Privacy Notice sets out how we may use, process and store your personal identifiable information (PII). We may get that information from you or our partners, through contracts or other legal arrangements you have with us or our partners on behalf of us, in order to deliver contractual/legal obligations. In other cases, we will get that information from you with your permission and consent, or we may receive your personal information from third parties who you have given consent to pass this information on to us.
Talunex may collect information from you because we have a legal reason (allowed by law or under contract) to collect the information, or because you have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose.
You may give us information about you with your consent, for example:
- through Contractual agreements
- by filling in a form or sending us an e-mail
- marketing responses
This information may be personal, financial, business or related to your contractual history with us.
You may give us information for legal reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when you are buying goods or services from us, or when you are considering these options.
Information we collect about you
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us;
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit;
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our advertisers/payment services providers may also send you cookies.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Talunex Website you visit.
Why does Talunex collect Personal Identifiable Information (PII)?
Talunex collects PII for the some or all of following reasons:
- To provide services and support to you after you have entered into a contract
- To provide information about products or services you have shown interest in, if you are already an existing Talunex customer
- To provide information to you about products or services you have purchased from us, or related products or services
- To provide goods or services to you under contract
- For legal reasons, for example, if you have entered into a contract with us
- To provide information to you about our products and services if you have consented to receive it.
We may use your personal information to:
(a) administer the website;
(b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
(c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
(d) send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
(e) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
(f) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
(g) send you email notifications, which you have specifically requested;
(h) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
(i) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
(j) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
Who might Talunex share PII information with?
Talunex may share your personal information with third parties, either because you have consented to allow us to do so or for legal reasons. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- Sub-contractors and third parties for the purpose of providing or continuing to provide the products and services we are contracted to
- With third parties because you have given consent
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Talunex, our customers or others
International data transfers
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
How long is PII retained?
Talunex will not retain PII for longer than required and we will keep this;
- For as long as required by law
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
- Until you request us to stop using it i.e. Right to Erasure
The company has an information retention procedure and schedule, which is monitored and complied with.
Refusal to provide Talunex with personal information?
If the personal information is necessary in order to supply goods or services to you under a contract between you and Talunex, then we will not be able to enter into that contract or provide the products or services without that information.
Talunex will respect individual’s legal rights to their data. These cover;
- The right to be informed – Talunex is publishing this Privacy Notice to keep you informed as to what we do with your personal information. We strive to be transparent about how we use PII.
- The right to access – the right to access your information. Contact Talunex if you wish to access the personal information Talunex holds about you
- The right to rectification – if the information Talunex holds about you is inaccurate or incomplete you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we must also ask them to rectify the data.
- The right to erasure – sometimes referred to as ‘the right to be forgotten’. If you want Talunex to erase all your personal data and we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact us.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to ask Talunex to restrict how we process your data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future
- The right to data portability – Talunex must allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across services in a safe and secure way without this affecting the usability of your data. The data must be held by us by consent or for the performance of a contract
- The right to object – Data subjects have the right to object to Talunex processing their data even if it is based on our legitimate interests.
- The right to withdraw consent – If you have given us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and Talunex must stop processing your data
- The right to complain to a higher body – data subjects have the right to complain to the ICO if they feel that Talunex is not meeting its obligations in terms of GDPR or has not responded to their requests to solve a problem. Contact details here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Links to Other Websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Talunex may change this notice from time to time in the future. Any such changes will be posted here and, where appropriate, notified to you in writing. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
This notice was last updated in March 2018.
The data controller responsible for our website is;
Old Hall Farm